(The quickest way to register)

Forum

1. User picture
    • Nulander on Sat 11 Jun 2011
    • 09:15:00 PM UTC

Accountkiller.com - Request for analysis

According to the fact that I cannot open a thread on the correct forum, please don't blame me for this off-topic.

URL: http://www.accountkiller.com/en/

I was lurking on the net and I have found this online service that propose itself as a way to deactivate/remove profiles from the social networks, IM etc.

The website drops cookies and contains at least 3 trackers but has no privacy policies.

It just show some guidelines in order to get the online account deactivated or deleted. Some services seems to have an odd policy that do not allow any profile to be removed, so the service cannot be used for all the major online services present on the net.

Comments:

1. User picture
    • tellonem on Sat 11 Jun 2011
    • 09:24:17 PM UTC

RE: Accountkiller.com - Request for analysis

These are rather dubious claims, if it means for any account, rather than just your own.. Than again, how would anyone know if the profile you target to delete or remove is your own?

"Bri" for short. Surf safely.

2. User picture
    • Nulander on Sat 11 Jun 2011
    • 09:56:12 PM UTC

Because they just give you informations about how to remove it by yourself. They just describe the procedure for deactivation/removal. They don't do anything automatically for the user.

3. User picture
    • IssViews (not verified) on Sat 11 Jun 2011
    • 10:30:21 PM UTC

Just had a look over this site and other than what was posted in the OP, I don't see any problems. Site was clean, informative and marginly useful.

Rated Green but Yellow for privacy until this is addressed.