Forum

1. User picture
    • 2buy2date on Mon 11 Jul 2011
    • 11:58:39 PM UTC

2busy2date.com

Site URL: http://2busy2date.com
    Scorecard: View scorecard

Introduction:
    100% free dating site with strong anti - spam/scam mechanism. No-nudity/ vulgarity/hate policy. Every profile is verified by moderators.

Has privacy policy?
    Owner said Yes

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
    Owner said Yes

Whois Information:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/2busy2date.com

Disclaimer:
    This post was generated automatically. All information is as entered by the site owner.

Comments:

1. User picture
    • BobJam (not verified) on Tue 12 Jul 2011
    • 02:34:20 AM UTC

RE: 2busy2date.com

@ admin@2buy2date.com,

In a quick glance at your site, I see "No personal info required".

Then I look at your "Free Signup" link and I see a collection of personal items which along with the email address you require can amount to enough info to steal an identity. Plus I don't see that this "No personal info" form is encrypted, nor a warning that this "info" is going out on an unsecured connection.

Plus I see that you drop about 6 cookies, and I can't find a Privacy Policy explaining them (A PP is typically found in the footer . . . where is it?)

All this is not necessarily cause to rate your site poorly, but is sufficient to warrant an explanation.

EDIT: BTW, if your screen name is your email address, that's not a good idea. Spam harvesters can easily scrape it and add it to their list. I'd dump the @ symbol combined with the .com part of it. If this is a sign of the "Email Protection" you offer, it doesn't look too good.

2. User picture
    • 2buy2date on Mon 18 Jul 2011
    • 06:37:30 PM UTC

Let's not split hair here- when we said there is no personal info required we meant this :
    No credit card info,
    No personal income info like how much you make annually (very common question in this industry),
    No date of birth,
    No address,
    No real name,
    No information about kids(how many and so)
    No Postal code or Zip to identify the exact location.

Your comments about stealing Identity make absolutely no sense since the only personal data we request is email.
    About the email address - it's not available to any one since no member gets direct emails from our site.

3. User picture
    • -.-.- (not verified) on Fri 29 Jul 2011
    • 09:32:14 PM UTC

4. User picture
    • c۞g on Fri 29 Jul 2011
    • 11:22:38 PM UTC

Viewing the signup page at:
    http://2busy2date.com/pages/signup/signup.php
    I find no PII being collected.

Originally posted by: 2buy2date
    [snip]
    Every profile is verified by moderators
    Verified for what? Since no PII is being collected, how could any moderator verify the profile / sign-up as being genuine?
    I could be a 12 year old black female portraying myself as a 50 year old white male; as long as I submit an image and lie about the age selection, what could a moderator do?

2busy2date.com was created back in 2002 - dossier
    there are other [unrated] "dating sites" by the same registrant (though one has DNS issues by pointing to an old web host), as well as a job placement site, and the registrant's personal [portfolio] site.

@ 2buy2date
    are you Alex?

I'm curious about the site template / CMS used.
    Viewing the Terms, and copying:
    We do not have any liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunication services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
    you can see many other [unrated] dating site results in Google

I decline to rate at this time.

∞ - and you and I Opto, ergo sum

5. User picture
    • 2buy2date on Sat 30 Jul 2011
    • 12:43:35 AM UTC

Originally posted by: me-m
    100% free dating site...

Which leads to some "child safety" concerns...

Your reply to a comment at your scorecard confirms this:

...this site specifically built for 18 plus audience...

Your comment makes no sense - consider this
    no one can verify the actual age of any one on the Internet. Period. This includes Facebook, but it does not mean it's not safe.
    Our site is not an adult dating site and we stand by this statement. It's meant for busy people including single parents and busy professionals that can't afford wasting time on blind dates and stuff.
    This is not a hookup site ether - I delete a lot of profiles of people looking for one night stand and NSA relationship or for friends with benefits.
    I can' t believe I have to write this just to prove how serious we are about the quality of our site but your so jaded it's just sick.
    This industry is full of scammers and spammers of all kinds and you guys are picking on the wrong site.
    It's so irresponsible to criticize anyone especially when there is no requirements for you as a judge.
    Try to built a working site and maintain it for 6 years and then you may be just may be get a clue what it takes to do it.
  6. User picture
    • 2buy2date on Sat 30 Jul 2011
    • 12:50:15 AM UTC

Originally posted by: g7w
    Viewing the signup page at:
    http://2busy2date.com/pages/signup/signup.php
    I find no PII being collected.
    Verified for what? Since no PII is being collected, how could any moderator verify the profile / sign-up as being genuine?
    I could be a 12 year old black female portraying myself as a 50 year old white male; as long as I submit an image and lie about the age selection, what could a moderator do?

2busy2date.com was created back in 2002 - dossier
    there are other [unrated] "dating sites" by the same registrant (though one has DNS issues by pointing to an old web host), as well as a job placement site, and the registrant's personal [portfolio] site.

@ 2buy2date
    are you Alex?

I'm curious about the site template / CMS used.
    Viewing the Terms, and copying:
    We do not have any liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunication services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
    you can see many other [unrated] dating site results in Google

I decline to rate at this time.

Yes I'm Alex,
    All free dating sites do not collect PII.
    Does it make all dating industry unsafe?
    The CMS is custom made.
    Regards