(The quickest way to register)

Forum

1. User picture
    • mentalist3d on Fri 28 Dec 2012
    • 09:25:00 AM UTC

crappydads.com

I was hoping some people could investigate and rate crappydads.com

The site came to my attention through the WordPress forum after a user was seeking help to get information removed:

Please correct me if I've posted to the wrong forum. This wordpress website site called "Crappydads.com" has double posted our family and refuses to respond to us apart from hiring a lawyer i've tried for over a year to contact their crappy site. had posted a deadbeat parent over a year ago and the situation is now resolved asked them to please take down the submission. no response, nada!

They censor complaints on their site from people wanting to remove their submissions. It said a submission can be removed when i posted.
    They do not respond and we are desperate! It is affecting our children, our family trying to work things out and our family business.

These website owners have never once given any response.

Can WordPress help?

Whois supplies no real contact info.

Both my child and i have gotten anonymous threats concerning this post. There needs to be a way to contact Crappydads.com
    info@crappydads.com never responds!

I have had a look at the site, and the site is safe to use, however they are positing a lot of Personally Identifiable Information with the following disclaimer:

The content that is published contains rumors, speculation, assumptions, opinions, and factual information. Postings may contain erroneous or inaccurate information and all images are credited to the submitter. The owner of this site does not ensure the accuracy of any content and is indemnified and held harmless from any claims brought by any third party relating to any aspect of CrappyDads.com.

There does not appear to be any mechanisms in place to check the validity of submitted material, and I reckon if this site was UK based would be closed for multiple breaches to the Data Protection Act (does the US have an equivalent?)

Comments:

1. User picture
    • c۞g on Fri 28 Dec 2012
    • 10:59:21 AM UTC

RE: crappydads.com

crappydads.com resides on IP: 74.208.151.254 - DNS
    naturally, the whois is hidden: http://bgp.he.net/dns/crappydads.com#_whois

However, it's not difficult to discover "who" is behind this site.
    mywebsitespot.com
    aka: adam-taylor.com
    MyWebsiteSpot
    8214 Westminster Abbey Blvd.
    Orlando, FL 32835. USA.

There are more like domains, all redirect to: crappydads.com, all "hosted and designed by" mywebsitespot.com
    crappydad.com
    crappydaddy.com
    crappyfriends.com
    crappymommy.com
    crappymoms.com

For some reason this site reminds me of STDcariers.com
    which was shut down by Multnomah County, Oregon District Attorney

FYI, Florida Attorney General. website: http://myfloridalegal.com/

∞ - and you and I Opto, ergo sum

2. User picture
    • Dutch Mountain on Fri 28 Dec 2012
    • 07:16:00 PM UTC

Unethical !

crappydads.com
    crappydad.com
    crappydaddy.com
    crappyfriends.com
    crappymommy.com
    crappymoms.com

Raise the dike ( aka "Dutch mountain" ) ! Or the internet gets flooded and ends up as a stinking swamp ! - The fight for a durable world wide web goes on. Read more at : http://peterswebsafety.com

3. User picture
    • shazza on Fri 28 Dec 2012
    • 07:41:30 PM UTC

At least one of their pages has been taken down by Facebook in the past - hxxp://crappydads.com/news/facebook-likes-deadbeat-dads/ . I've just found another so I will report that to FB & look for any others they may have.

On one of their FB pages they recommend a page - Most Wanted Deadbeat Parents . Searching this shows some worrying results. It seems this is quite common in the US google

4. User picture
    • mentalist3d on Sat 29 Dec 2012
    • 01:07:20 AM UTC

Thanks everyone for the extra info, I've posted a link to this thread on the original post on the WordPress forum. If the user ever gets any resolution to their problem, I'll post an update.

@shazza: I noticed some law enforcement agencies in the US were highlighting what they term 'deadbeats' on their Facebook pages as a name and shame campaign, but it was few and far between, and I suppose they had the relevant paperwork to prove their claims and make it legal (but not nice), but I didn't realise it was so open ended with quite a lot of sites jumping on the bandwagon.

The Google link you gave is certainly an eye opener, quite a few sites open to abuse by a vengeful ex.

5. User picture
    • A440 on Sat 29 Dec 2012
    • 01:52:39 AM UTC

RE: Google

Originally posted by: shazza
    . . . It seems this is quite common in the US google

This is why I do not trust Google. They have too many issues that remain unresolved.
  6. User picture
    • nitin_gupta17 on Sat 29 Dec 2012
    • 07:09:13 AM UTC

RE: Google

Same here. Google is not reliable in terms of protection from spam and scam. For that we only have to rely on mywot.com

Originally posted by: A440
    This is why I do not trust Google. They have too many issues that remain unresolved.

-- Nitin

7. User picture
    • c۞g on Sat 29 Dec 2012
    • 07:45:50 AM UTC

Originally posted by: shazza
    Searching this shows some worrying results. It seems this is quite common in the US google

I've modified your link from google.co.uk and removed the Chrome browser parameters to:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Most+Wanted+Deadbeat+Parents

There's a difference from "Joe WebOwner" putting up a site which has no method to substantiate / verify truth from hearsay.

Review the OP, this is not about posting information online, but rather the refusal to remove upon submitter's request ... had posted a deadbeat parent over a year ago and the situation is now resolved asked them to please take down the submission. no response

That is what earned my personal rating as well as the fact the domain owner hides behind whois privacy; no means to resolve disputes ...

There are valid sites, for example the State of Illinois owns a domain: deadbeatsillinois.com - whois
    Though I personally disagree with it's existence; Child Support Services has more important things to do than to create or pay a 3rd party to create sites such as these. However, once an individual is caught up their information is removed from the site as automatic as it was included.

That's the difference between crappy***.com domains and the exampled IL USA site.

∞ - and you and I Opto, ergo sum