(The quickest way to register)

Check out our new Mobile App

Forum

1. User picture
    • MyWOT Team (Admin) on Wed 02 Mar 2016
    • 04:42:52 PM UTC

Your News Suggestions

What do you consider to be newsworthy enough for us to post on Social Media or our blog? Paste a link below and we'll check it out!

When posting websites and links: Please do not post live links when referencing a website. Use domain names

example.com or 127.0.0.1, without the URL

If you are referencing a URL, change the HTTP to HXXP.

For example:
    hXXp://www.bad-malware-site.com/images/phish/virus.html
    hXXp://127.0.0.1/exp/botnet/phish.php

Save time and trouble by not posting live links!

Not everything suggested will be posted or written about, but it's not personal. We highly appreciate your input and suggestions!

Please don't start discussions on this thread, this is just for sharing links.

--- MyWOT Team

Comments:

1. User picture
    • Site-rater on Thu 03 Mar 2016
    • 03:51:51 AM UTC

RE: Your News Suggestions

As quickly as you ask for suggestions a big one for server security comes up - the DROWN vulnerability.
    Sources:
    hxxps://drownattack.com/
    hxxps://openssl.org/news/secadv/20160301.txt
    hxxp://arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/more-than-13-million-https-websites-imperiled-by-new-decryption-attack/

Any server administrator using OpenSSL should immediately upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2g or 1.0.1s. Users of earlier series will likely need to perform a major upgrade to be able to use these updated versions.

2. User picture
    • MyWOT Team on Thu 03 Mar 2016
    • 01:08:39 PM UTC

Originally posted by: BFeely
    As quickly as you ask for suggestions a big one for server security comes up - the DROWN vulnerability.

Thanks for the tip, we posted it today :)

--- MyWOT Team

3. User picture
    • alphacentauri on Sat 12 Mar 2016
    • 02:38:26 PM UTC

Show people how to look up domain name registrations to see the date registered. A high percentage of scams would fail if people compared their recent domain registrations with the venerable dates their websites claim they began operating.

Yes, WOT has a wiki. Check there first for fast answers to many questions like "Why is my site rated red, and how do I fix that?"

4. User picture
    • NotBuyingIt on Wed 16 Mar 2016
    • 03:55:32 PM UTC

Originally posted by: alphacentauri
    Show people how to look up domain name registrations to see the date registered. A high percentage of scams would fail if people compared their recent domain registrations with the venerable dates their websites claim they began operating.

I agree — It's a very good topic that would also be appropriate for the WOT blog.

As an example of using the suggestion in a news article, every week hundreds of new phishing web pages that spoof PayPal are detected. (Some of these detections are listed at https://www.phishtank.com/user_submissions.php?username=PhishReporter although I don't recommend that link be published. )

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

5. User picture
    • Site-rater on Fri 18 Mar 2016
    • 02:39:16 AM UTC

New iPhone malware - hxxp://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2016/03/acedeceiver-first-ios-trojan-exploiting-apple-drm-design-flaws-to-infect-any-ios-device/
    WOT forum thread in Reputation discussions: https://www.mywot.com/forum/64870-i4-cn-apple-p...

6. User picture
    • hotdoge3 on Tue 29 Mar 2016
    • 07:17:44 AM UTC

https://www.mywot.com/forum/64498-drown-hack?co...

RE: Drown hack HTTPS flaw proves we don't even test things

Learn things? DROWN HTTPS flaw proves we don't even test things

You knew SSLv2 was poison, so why was it still there?

In the wake of the DROWN vulnerability, organisations like the Australian Signals Directorate that offer security incident mitigation strategies might consider adding another item to their lists: test your configuration to make sure it's what you expected

The DROWN flaw in HTTPS would not be anything to worry about, except that developers working on server-side software made the fatal assumption that since there were no clients left to request a deprecated SSL connection, they didn't need to update their code to kill older SSL completely.

7. User picture
    • Matiks (not verified) on Wed 30 Mar 2016
    • 11:53:17 AM UTC

Comments can be made by everybody, in the new blog. Could I suggest a plugin which blocks links having a poor reputation in wordpress comments?

8. User picture
    • Super Hero! (not verified) on Wed 30 Mar 2016
    • 01:31:10 PM UTC

Originally posted by: Matiks
    Comments can be made by everybody, in the new blog. Could I suggest a plugin which blocks links having a poor reputation in wordpress comments?

I do second this petition =

9. User picture
    • MyWOT Team on Wed 30 Mar 2016
    • 02:37:48 PM UTC

Originally posted by: Matiks

Yes, adding plugins and optimizing the content is the next phase of the blog release.
    We've opened new thread opened for blog discussion: https://www.mywot.com/forum/65220-new-blog-temp...

--- MyWOT Team

10. User picture
    • redblade7 on Tue 05 Apr 2016
    • 11:56:27 AM UTC

I cannot use the new blog in an RSS reader, the old feed fails and there is no "Subscribe to this page" link in Firefox or TBB bookmarks menu. What's the point of the blog if you have to check every couple of days for a new post? Or am I doing something wrong?

"While corporations dominate society and write the laws, each advance in technology is an opening for them to further restrict its users." -Richard M. Stallman

11. User picture
    • Super Hero! (not verified) on Mon 11 Apr 2016
    • 04:59:33 PM UTC

Hello MWT =
    You may consider minimizing and highlighting some of the forum guidelines , for instance
    When posting websites and links:
    Please do not post live links when referencing a website Use simple domain names in a format like this:

example.com or 127.0.0.1, without the URL

If you are referencing a URL, change the HTTP to HXXP. For example:

hXXp://www.bad-malware-site.com/images/phish/virus.html
    hXXp://127.0.0.1/exp/botnet/phish.php
    Save time and trouble by not posting live links!
    ================
    I noticed that so far this is the most overlooked guideline by new members, you may want to post it, in the top
    Best regards

12. User picture
    • Site-rater on Sun 17 Apr 2016
    • 05:48:54 PM UTC

Apple ends support for Quicktime Windows version according to US-CERT
    hXXps://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA16-105A (Homeland Security owned site, not certain about privacy)

13. User picture
    • MyWOT Team on Mon 18 Apr 2016
    • 02:57:55 PM UTC

Thanks for your recommendation Super Hero! The top post has been updated.

--- MyWOT Team

14. User picture
    • MyWOT Team on Mon 18 Apr 2016
    • 03:00:17 PM UTC

Originally posted by: Site-rater
    Apple ends support for Quicktime Windows version according to US-CERT
    hXXps://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA16-105A (Homeland Security owned site, not certain about privacy)

Good find! We retweeted their post about this.

--- MyWOT Team

15. User picture
    • TerDale on Mon 22 Aug 2016
    • 08:11:28 AM UTC

Please! Please! Add an RSS feed! Thanks!

16. User picture
    • A440 on Tue 22 Aug 2017
    • 11:18:43 AM UTC

Phone hackers are taking over virtual currency accounts by using stolen cellphone numbers that are linked to their accounts:

nytimes.com/2017/08/21/business/dealbook/phone-hack-bitcoin-virtual-currency.html

17. User picture
    • Dragomouse on Sun 12 Nov 2017
    • 03:50:23 PM UTC

I need the RSS feed, please!
    Since you're running Wordpres it shouldn't be difficult to do...