(The quickest way to register)

Check out our new Mobile App

Forum

1. User picture
    • A440 on Mon 14 Aug 2017
    • 05:03:56 PM UTC

Youtube – Vetting Content Creators by Blacklist?

I have been following the strange case of one gamer that I watch (he's amusing) and have been perplexed as to why a majority of his videos are no demonetized for no clear reason.
    Upon reading his latest tweet, one commuter demonstrated that youtube is now using a blacklist to demonetize content creators:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6rzwo7BrU

If this is true – and it does appear to be so – my question is, is not youtube in violation of their own TOS?
    Is this legal?

Comments:

1. User picture
    • Dev3lop.LLC on Mon 14 Aug 2017
    • 08:32:06 PM UTC

RE: Youtube – Vetting Content Creators by Blacklist?

Watched the video, really good contributor, subscribed now!

My feedback: #1 some one built a macro to report him as spam, very easy to do with tools like AHK or Keyboard Maestro.

His video in question has bad volume, no core topic, the sentiment probably shows an overall odd usage of words.

I believe in a video everyone should understand the usage of keywords is similar to a blog post with Yoast.

Why would you expect to be indexed by Google if you usually speak on nothing in particular?

This may also be something I face too, if you're honest and call people out, they will hack you, report you, point spam links to your youtube channel, and automate it.

That's why I highly recommend anyone getting into the tech world - always make friends first.

HELLO WORLD!

2. User picture
    • Site-rater on Tue 15 Aug 2017
    • 01:45:41 AM UTC

Could the user possibly have multiple false DMCA strikes? Some gaming channels, including a video on my channel, have been stricken with false DMCA claims by an individual fraudulently claiming copyright to the content in the videos, this being a campaign to destroy the reputation of a couple game developers.

Other theory is the user fell victim to the YouTube "adpocalypse".

3. User picture
    • Apollo702 on Tue 15 Aug 2017
    • 02:45:05 AM UTC

Originally posted by: Dev3lop.LLC
    This may also be something I face too, if you're honest and call people out, they will hack you, report you, point spam links to your youtube channel, and automate it.

In many ways many of those pitfalls are a failure of due diligence. The #1 path for such things to occur is a flimsy password. Look at how in the US a major political party got hacked by falling for a simple suspicious link. If people and institutions plan on going online they better have their ducks in a row.

Originally posted by: Dev3lop.LLC
    That's why I highly recommend anyone getting into the tech world - always make friends first.

Again, there may be hidden failures of due diligence. It is entirely possible that they violated some terms. Very few people consult with a professional and very few actually read terms. Most people just hit "Next next next..." It is entirely possible that the issues may not have just come from YT- but perhaps someone such as the game developer reported them for a violation of their terms.

Lastly, lettuce assume for the sake of argument that YT is being arbitrary. It is a fundamental question to ask: It is more difficult to set up your own service and build your business? One could do it perhaps slower- but remain in control.

The quicker and easier path is to go with a corporate behemoth. This can offer instant worldwide access- but also what they giveth they can taketh away- leading to instant obliteration.

Should one build slower or go for instant boom and bust?