(The quickest way to register)

Forum

1. User picture
    • difrawi_defrawy on Thu 14 Oct 2010
    • 01:48:05 PM UTC

Gigats gigats.com phishing scam

Gigats ( gigats.com ) is another phishing scam to be added to the list of Difrawi & Bell scams. Purportedly "still in Beta" run by Kathy Kaufman, James Hough and others in San Jose, CA. I challenge any reputable investigating journalist to identify and interview them. My prediction: they cannot be found. Reason: they do not exist, they are a complete fabrication.

This is actually a follow-up of thread http://www.mywot.com/forum/7665-gigats-gigats-c... , but this thread has the more appropriate title. The shady part was already smelled there by some clever WOT members, who know a scam when they see one. I am only adding 'phishing scam' and some more domains to rate.

On 21 September Gigats had 60 job ads offering jobs nationwide on Monster+Hotjobs. See http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cac... . But now, 2 weeks later, Monster has only 2 Gigats job ads for in-house personnel. See http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.aspx?co=xgigat... . Why were those jobs pulled? Why were they placed anyway? I saw a very familiar pattern and came to the above conclusion.

Edit 2010-12-01: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Almost+everybody... ROTFLMAO

=============

Registrant:
    Gigats
    111 N Market Street
    Suite 300
    San Jose, California 95113
    United States

Domain Name: GIGATS.COM
    Created on: 07-Aug-10
    Expires on: 07-Aug-11
    Last Updated on: 19-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
    Kaufman, Kathy
    Gigats
    111 N Market Street
    Suite 300
    United States
    +1.4086080853 Fax --

Technical Contact:
    Kaufman, Kathy
    Gigats
    111 N Market Street
    Suite 300
    United States
    +1.4086080853 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

IP Address:64.45.62.35 - IP Location: - California - San Diego - Sandesa Inc

"Gigats" owns about 15 other domains.

gigats.net and gigats.org were anonymously registered about a week later by "Giggats", both on IP Address: 205.178.189.129 - IP Location: - Virginia - Herndon - Network Solutions Llc

MX records 0 mail.gigats.com
    MX records reverse (PTR) lookup threestars-app16.nycmny04.client.logicworks.net
    Mailserver ip address 209.81.75.213

gigats.com was registered originally from address 16650 Royal Palm Drive, Groveland, FL 34736 (see comment CDA230 (Gold) on Fri 15 Oct 2010 07:07:01 PM UTC)

Gigats, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware on 08/05/2010, file number 4856856

Please rate

gigats.com
    gigats.net
    gigats.org
    gigatscommunity.com
    gigatsreview.com
    gigatstrading.com
    gigatsfacts.com
    gigatsservices.com
    gigatsbartering.com
    gigatsscam.com
    gigatsscams.com
    gigatssucks.com
    gigatsforum.com
    gigatseconomy.com
    gigatsdetails.com
    gigatsjobs.com
    gigatsfeedback.com
    gigatstrade.com
    _p_m5uwoyluonrw63lnovxgs5dz.twitter.com
    _p_l5dwsz3borzv6.twitter.com
    gigats.tumblr.com

And wish we could rate
    http://www.facebook.com/Gigats
    http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/Gigats
    http://www.linkedin.com/company/gigats
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kathy-moser/24/aa4/516
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000164262...

http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/5541-the-difrawi-bell-phishing-scam-referr...

Comments:

1. User picture
    • Coinjar on Thu 14 Oct 2010
    • 08:47:15 PM UTC

Unfair judgement

Why is it automatically a scam when businesses by domains relating to their business? Many companies use that to boost their rankings on Google. To label them as scammers just because of that is a little unfair.

Just adding my 2 cents!

2. User picture
    • JenniferCrowley on Thu 14 Oct 2010
    • 09:29:25 PM UTC

You have to admit, when a

You have to admit, when a company buys up domains like:
    gigatsscam.com
    gigatsscams.com
    gigatssucks.com
    When they're barely even up and running, it looks a bit... suspicious? The previous thread on them which didn't mention the possible Difrawi connection still seems to describe his modus operandi as I understand it.

• User picture
      • jayrad20 (not verified) on Sat 02 Feb 2013
      • 10:19:06 PM UTC

RE: You have to admit, when a

I accidentally signed up for that gigats site..know how I delete my account?

• User picture
        • barlinghaus on Mon 18 Feb 2013
        • 10:01:49 PM UTC

I did also and recieved a call from someone calling himself a Employment Counselor. By the time I got off the phone with this rude and inconsiderate man I realized he was trying to guilt me into going back to school. He proceded to scold me about my manners when after he got snippy I recieprecated by telling him where he could go. This had nothing to do with any job I had applied for it was all just a guise to try to get me to sign up for college courses.

• User picture
          • thepennywhistle@y... on Fri 21 Jun 2013
          • 08:37:46 PM UTC

I had the same experience with Gigat and returning to school, except my tightly-controlled anger scared the rude "advisor" into becoming very cooperative and getting off the phone very fast.

I have also noted that after dealing with Gigats, I am receiving other fraudulent calls such as one from a caller with a very heavy accent, telling me I'd been selected by the U.S Government for a $7000 grant for being a good citizen and paying my taxes on time. When he got down to the debit card info he wanted so I could send him the $3.79 processing fee, I told him he was not from my government, that he was clearly a scam and sounded like he was from a calling center in Mumbai. He gasped and hung up on me. Beware Gigats. They seem to have their fingers in many pies and many bank accounts.

3. User picture
    • difrawi_defrawy on Fri 15 Oct 2010
    • 03:32:08 PM UTC

Jobnab logo

FYI some real proof of the connection to Difrawi http://www.crunchbase.com/company/gigats/diff/1/2
    Come on everybody, rate the bastard deep red, thanks.

4. User picture
    • ░▒▓█ on Fri 15 Oct 2010
    • 07:07:01 PM UTC

You missed the WHOIS entry

You missed the WHOIS entry for 2010-08-19,

Registrant:
    Myra Nicholson
    16650 Royal Palm Drive
    Groveland, Florida 32835
    United States

Domain Name: GIGATS.COM
    Created on: 07-Aug-10
    Expires on: 07-Aug-11
    Last Updated on: 19-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
    Nicholson, Myra kathy@gigats.com
    16650 Royal Palm Drive
    Groveland, Florida 32835
    United States
    +1.4075366705 Fax --

Technical Contact:
    Nicholson, Myra kathy@gigats.com
    16650 Royal Palm Drive
    Groveland, Florida 32835
    United States
    +1.4075366705 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS03.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS04.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

I googled that 'Myra Nicholson' name with 'Florida', turns out she is a lawyer working for Difrawi!!

These other domains are also close buy, many registered to 'Job Nab'

Apply-here-now.com
    Apply-here-now.net
    Apply-herenow.com
    Apply-herenow.net
    Apply-right-now.com
    Apply-right-now.net
    Apply-rightnow.com
    Apply-rightnow.net
    Applyhere-now.com
    Applyhere-now.net
    Applyright-now.com
    Applyright-now.net
    Click-here-to-apply.com
    Click-here-to-apply.net
    Click-here-toapply.com
    Click-here-toapply.net
    Click-heretoapply.com
    Click-heretoapply.net
    Click-to-apply-now.com
    Click-to-apply-now.net
    Click-to-apply.com
    Click-to-apply.net
    Click-to-applynow.com
    Click-to-applynow.net
    Click-toapply.com
    Click-toapply.net
    Click-toapplynow.com
    Click-toapplynow.net
    Clickhere-toapply.com
    Clickhere-toapply.net
    Clickhereto-apply.com
    Clickhereto-apply.net
    Clickheretoapply.net
    Clickto-apply.com
    Clickto-apply.net
    Clicktoapply-now.com
    Clicktoapply-now.net
    Clicktoapply.net
    Clicktoapplynow.com
    Clicktoapplynow.net
    Clicktoapplyrightnow.com
    Clicktoapplyrightnow.net
    Job-tweet.com
    Jobnab.com
    Submit-your-application.com
    Submit-your-application.net
    Submit-yourapplication.com
    Submit-yourapplication.net
    Submityour-application.com
    Submityour-application.net
    Jobnabscouts.com
    Gigats.com
    Giggats.com
    Giggats.net
    Giggats.org

Rate them red!

• User picture
      • 09:45:52 PM UTC

Could use some help

Could use some help rating
      Job-tweet.com
      Submit-your-application.com
      Submit-your-application.net
      Submit-yourapplication.com
      Submit-yourapplication.net
      Submityour-application.com
      Submityour-application.net
      Jobnabscouts.com
      Giggats.com
      Giggats.net
      Giggats.org
      red.. thanks!!

• User picture
        • 09:57:47 PM UTC

And

And more!!
        gigatscommunity.com
        gigatsdetails.com
        gigatsbartering.com
        gigatsfeedback.com
        gigatsfaq.com
        gigatsfacts.com
        gigatseconomy.com
        gigatsjobs.com
        gigatsforum.com
        gigatsinfo.com
        gigatsreview.com
        gigatstrading.com
        gigatsscam.com
        gigatsservices.com
        gigatstrade.com
        gigatssucks.com
        gigatsscams.com

5. User picture
    • difrawi_defrawy on Tue 19 Oct 2010
    • 04:41:29 PM UTC

Thanks. Guess whose address

Thanks. Guess whose address this is http://www.google.com/search?q=%2216650+Royal+Palm... .

• User picture
      • ░▒▓█ on Tue 19 Oct 2010
      • 04:52:04 PM UTC

Registrant: ECAD of Florida

Registrant:
      ECAD of Florida -- Garden City
      16650 Royal Palm Drive
      Groveland, FL 34736
      US

Domain Name: GARDEN-CITY.COM

Administrative Contact:
      El Difrawi, Ahmed ahmed@MODASCO.COM
      El Difrawi, Ahmed
      ECAD Garden City Florida
      16650 Royal Palm Drive
      Groveland, FL 34736
      US
      (352) 394-0721 fax: 999 999 9999

6. User picture
    • tellonem on Mon 22 Nov 2010
    • 04:59:20 AM UTC

Gigats, I just rated them

Gigats, I just rated them red. The behavior amazes me. If them scammers just stayed silent, I would have remained stupid on the issue . I spent some time here, to observe http://www.mywot.com/forum/7665-gigats-gigats-c...

"Bri" for short. Surf safely.

7. User picture
    • c۞g on Thu 03 Jan 2013
    • 05:17:28 PM UTC

RE: Gigats gigats.com phishing scam

Old topic but one thing was "missed"
    the registered address referenced in the OP: 111 N Market Street San Jose, CA 95113
    is a virtual address offered by: http://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/california/san-jose-virtual-offices/facility-918

I'm only posting in this old discussion because of a recent Site Evaluation request: gigats.com
    made by user: AlecDifrawi

∞ - and you and I Opto, ergo sum

8. User picture
    • AndySerrano@aol.com on Mon 11 Mar 2013
    • 11:08:35 PM UTC

I responded to an advertisement played in nonprofitcareers.com by gigats for a position at Kaiser Medical Center. After filling out the application, I was given a message that I needed to phone Gigats for an on-line interview. They made it seem like this was necessary to be considered for a job. The rep said I would be "guaranteed" a job within 30 days. Sooner thereafter, he began trying to sell me on the virtues of going back to school for training so I could be more marketable. As he was about to transfer me to a business school, I told him, politely, that I was going to end the conversation because it was obvious this was a "ruse" and hung up on him.

9. User picture
    • NotBuyingIt on Tue 12 Mar 2013
    • 02:49:16 AM UTC

I responded to an advertisement played in nonprofitcareers.com by gigats... it was obvious this was a "ruse" and hung up on him."

Welcome to the WOT users' community. You may be interested in reading some of the other Forum threads about this controversial organisation and the legal disputes between its owners and WOT. The discussions leave me with the impression that abusive subpoenas, attempts at character assassination or maybe other harassment may have been involved, so it might possibly be a good idea for you to protect your privacy by immediately changing your user name and profile data to something completely anonymous. Be cautious of strangers contacting you, whether they appear supportive or threatening.

Has the putative climate of conflict changed recently? I really can't say, but see
    http://wftvchannel9.blogspot.com/2013/02/alec-difr...

By the way, the homepage for nonprofitcareers.com seems to be nothing much beyond a parked domain now. It reads: "This domain may be for sale." Are you recounting something that happened a long time ago?

————————————————————————————
    FAQ

10. User picture
    • Aymandifrawi on Sun 17 Mar 2013
    • 07:13:53 PM UTC

http://m.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2013/03/14/s...

11. User picture
    • thepennywhistle@y... on Fri 21 Jun 2013
    • 08:27:37 PM UTC

I have been trying to apply to advertised jobs through Monster.com, Indeed.com, etc., for local businesses. Recently I have been thrown into the Gigats website. When I followed through to contact them (YOU have to call THEM to register), they assured me that these companies had hired them to prescreen applicants. I went along with it, and they've been sending me jobs that are between a 2 hour commute to ridiculous places such as Saudi Arabia. When I contacted one of the local job sources about their impossible prescreening group, this is their reply:

___

SOS Employment Group wrote: "We are not associated with Gigat. We are working to stop this from happening. Thank you for asking and letting us know."

Gigats is posting jobs from other organizations and hijacking the replies. They flat out lied about their affiliation with the other organizations whose ads they've stolen and are redirecting me to their jobs. Wouldn't you consider this a fraud?

• User picture
      • c۞g on Fri 21 Jun 2013
      • 09:39:55 PM UTC

Originally posted by: thepennywhistle@yahoo.com
      Gigats is posting jobs from other organizations and hijacking the replies. They flat out lied about their affiliation with the other organizations whose ads they've stolen and are redirecting me to their jobs. Wouldn't you consider this a fraud?

Did you read the OP?

∞ - and you and I Opto, ergo sum

12. User picture
    • Tri Fuu on Thu 11 Jul 2013
    • 01:29:49 PM UTC

Thank you for your comment. out of all of the jobs I've applied for, this is the second time an application got intercepted by Gigats. I decided to call and see what it was about. In accordance to everyone else's reviews, the individual, Earl that I spoke to, was more pushy about me furthering my career. I have my bachelor's degree and 6+ years of work experience. I do not think it's necessary at this time in my life to go back to school, yet alone an online school. After I was transferred to an online school counselor, I quickly got off the phone, and am hesitating on e-mailing "Earl" back for a follow up. He did not discuss anything about the job I had applied for, but mostly talked about how I would be more considered for a job if I furthered my carreer (so get a Masters?). I don't think that's necessary for the positions I've been applying for.

13. User picture
    • warnakey on Mon 13 Jan 2014
    • 02:30:40 PM UTC

Hello,

I recently resigned from a job and found myself looking for a new job and checked out indeed.com (as well as craigslist, monster, simplyhired, linkedin, all the regular places) and one job in particular stood out. I "applied" for this job (it said the application was for Gigats, but a logo for a company called Veredus was at the top of the page???), then a screen appeared saying I must call an 800 number to have a "phone interview". Then a guy named Will S gave me an awkward, high pressure sales pitch trying to get me to go back to school with a place called Education Dynamics. Here is the ploy: 1. Post real or fake jobs 2. Suckers call you 3. Sell their information to third parties 4. Get kickbacks and commissions when third parties sell to job seekers. Gigats started out as a weird virtual economy where idiots pay each other to do labor (startups are always terrible ideas), then they figured out that won't work, so they became a fake staffing agency that deals in people's information. Anyway, Will Stakes my information and says things like "We only want to help candidates who take their career seriously, and that means going back to school" and "You've been very professional with me, now I am going to transfer you over to Education Dynamics and I want you to show them the same professionalism you showed me, because I know these guys and if you are rude to them i don't think we can help you." (basically, I am being treated like a little tiny baby and if I don't put up with their crap sales pitch they won't help me) I talked to Dave at Education Dynamics, but he let me get off the phone in under 5 minutes because I have a loan in default. This is the first time I have been grateful about being in default. So, now I get emails from Gigats everyday with alleged jobs I can apply to. Whenever possible I try to find what company it is for and go straight to their website instead of going through Gigats. I can't wait to see who ends up with my information a few years from now. FINALLY, on the Gigats homepage it says "Congratulations to the Gigats team for being the FASTEST WEBSITE IN HISTORY to reach one million users. Below is a list of the fastest websites to reach the one million user mark, and how long it took them to get there." - They got there by buying and selling job seeker's personal information.