(The quickest way to register)

Check out our new Mobile App

Forum

1. User picture
    • MyWOT Team (Admin) on Tue 22 Aug 2017
    • 04:43:09 PM UTC

The New WOT - Moving Forward

Hi all,

After releasing the new WOT version (4.0) recently, we keep moving forward with improving and developing WOT. As we did previously, we would like to keep you in the loop and provide you with an update on the coming changes:

With the release of the new WOT extension, our users have been first introduced to the all-new design and rating flow. We are now planning on updating the scorecard to the new design so it will be present everywhere, not only in the extension.

We understand this change might be difficult to ‘digest’ for some users, and are also aware of the existing issues with it. However, please understand that this is only a starting point. This change is the first of many to come, where we’ll be doing our best to implement your feedback and requests. We are already working on an improved version which will help the rating flow feel closer to the one used in older versions, as requested by many.

As said, we’ll be more than happy to hear your feedback, suggestions or any kind of input on these changes via support@mywot.com as we take your feedback very seriously.

Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated. Please remember that this is only the first version of this new scorecard and rating flow. It will be improved and will get better and better with your feedback.

Thank you and looking forward to hear your thoughts.
    WOT Team

--- MyWOT Team

Comments:

1. User picture
    • Kraftwerk on Tue 22 Aug 2017
    • 04:56:25 PM UTC

RE: The New WOT - Moving Forward

As said, we’ll be more than happy to hear your feedback, suggestions or any kind of input on these changes via support@mywot.com as we take your feedback very seriously.

Do you read and reply

Blueberry Cake Level Member of the WOT Community

2. User picture
    • Site-rater on Thu 24 Aug 2017
    • 04:04:07 PM UTC

A few suggestions:
    Please re-enable commenting in the add-on and make sure the add-on saves ratings under the user's WOT account.
    Please fix the DM counter on the site.
    Please allow site owners to edit their evaluation requests, i.e. add an edit button that directs the user back to the request form in order to edit their post, for example to add a privacy policy or edit their description.
    Explain why the new add-on rates differently than the old one - it appears it now only has 3 colors instead of 5, and requires a particular amount of confidence to work correctly. Also explain the difference between the Security and Reputation ratings (reputation appears to be scorecard trust divided by 20).

3. User picture
    • shazza on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 02:19:54 PM UTC

RE: The New WOT

As members' ratings will now be interpreted differently from when they were given you should reinstate the zip file download for members who wish to delete all their previous ratings.

Scorecards are randomly pulling data from unrelated scorecards -

'Protect yourself from harmful sites Add Wot to ....' section on the scorecard is annoying and would look better in a different position. (if we don't have enough download links without it).

Some scorecards are lost -

4. User picture
    • D͏͡eSig҉͟n̵̕͝ on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 03:16:21 PM UTC

Originally posted by: shazza
    Some scorecards are lost

All scorecards for new TLDs added in 2016 are lost.
    https://www.mywot.com/forum/68190-advice-on-new-tl...

+ https://www.mywot.com/blog/452-recent-changes-o...
    Now the order of scorecard comments determined by the amount of user votes

5. User picture
    • Site-rater on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 03:20:19 PM UTC

The New WOT needs to be integrated in all our existing ratings. All my old ratings are not showing up on the new scorecard, and a rating I just posted is not showing up in the "My ratings" tab of my account.

6. User picture
    • 03:41:08 PM UTC

Originally posted by: DеSign

+ https://www.mywot.com/blog/452-recent-changes-o...
    Now the order of scorecard comments determined by the amount of user votes

So a comment from a banned microworker which shouldn't even be there, is considered more 'relevant' than some others because it's longer?

Edit
    It appears that scorecard comments from banned users and deleted accounts have been restored to scorecards.

Scorecard comments display the user name that the member had when writing a comment, not their current user name.

7. User picture
    • MyWOT Team on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 04:21:25 PM UTC

Thanks everyone for your feedback! We are aware of the issues mentioned here and are working on fixing them as soon as possible.
    Please keep sending us your input either here on this thread or via support@mywot.com

--- MyWOT Team

8. User picture
    • 04:34:03 PM UTC

RE: The New WOT Bugs

Originally posted by: MyWOT Team
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! We are aware of the issues mentioned here and are working on fixing them as soon as possible.

Issues??? It's a disaster and you haven't even bothered apologising to members who were trying to hide their original username.

9. User picture
    • Site-rater on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 05:14:31 PM UTC

Is there now no way to rate yellow? Only red or green? Tried rating a site 3 stars and it showed a red donut for my rating.
    There is no in between for is this site safe?

The only fine grained rating tool left is the MRT but (1) it is platinum users only, and (2) does it still work?
    Also do new ratings count towards the activity score?

10. User picture
    • A440 on Tue 29 Aug 2017
    • 05:42:50 PM UTC

The MRT hangs up (latest build of Opera/OSX).
    I get a spinning blue ball and nothing progresses.
    My ad blocking software informs me that it is also blocking content from "insecure sources".

11. User picture
    • Site-rater on Sat 02 Sep 2017
    • 02:22:46 AM UTC

WOT 3.x is still not saving scorecard comments when rating from the add-on.

12. User picture
    • D͏͡eSig҉͟n̵̕͝ on Sat 02 Sep 2017
    • 08:58:25 PM UTC

Originally posted by: shazza
    It appears that scorecard comments from banned users and deleted accounts have been restored to scorecards.

...and after rolling back to old scorecards many comments have not been removed. Obvious example:
    https://www.mywot.com/user/8052792/comments

Comments don't always show selected categories.

13. User picture
    • Satchman on Tue 05 Sep 2017
    • 12:13:23 AM UTC

Will the new WOT work in Firefox 57? It has been reported that any add-ons that are not verified by Mozilla will not work in Firefox 57. A user has concerns here:

hxxps://www.mywot.com/forum/82726-all-firefox-users-wot-add-ons-being-disabled-for-failing-to-verify

Satch

14. User picture
    • NotBuyingIt on Mon 02 Oct 2017
    • 11:43:29 PM UTC

As of today, the newest version of the WOT extension that is available in the official Mozilla Firefox addon collection is marked "COMPATIBLE WITH FIREROX 57+". See
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

15. User picture
    • shazza on Sat 21 Oct 2017
    • 05:38:42 PM UTC

RE: The New WOT - Moving Backwards

Originally posted by: MyWOT Team
    Please keep sending us your input either here on this thread or via support@mywot.com

Unfortunately, 2 months later we are seeing more & more bugs. Some bugs that were reported almost 2 years ago have still not been resolved, and the site crashes more often than ever.
    Long term members have lost their reliability, whilst some new members have inflated reliability, and currently don't have to adhere to the same rules as others.
    EG - there is no minimum character requirement in scorecard comments & no time restriction between posts.

There is also an issue with new child safety ratings not showing on scorecards.

Ratings before 15th Oct are not displayed under 'my ratings' tab, unless they were previously deleted & have returned.

Your interaction on this forum is also lacking, you rarely respond to questions here now. It would be nice if you could respond to members here as often as you do those on social media or the add on pages.(especially chrome).

16. User picture
    • Apollo702 on Sat 21 Oct 2017
    • 10:50:51 PM UTC

I am going to continue to use older versions that actually work. I also cannot and will not use anything in the web extension format unless it is on rarely used backup browsers that I only use for testing/comparison purposes. It also is likely to result in grand failure if the developers overly focus on mobile and toss computer users overboard. This system will also fare poorly on those screens and mobile-only users likely aren't the kinds of people who would use this service anyways. The real market is desktop.

It is my opinion that the developers are acting like the coyote climbing onto the crooked rocket and lighting the match. Many of their trendy new schemes likely are going to crash into the rocks and send the coyote plunging down the cliff. They would be better off taking a breather, fixing existing issues and making the classic system something spectacular!

When I help others with their computers I set them up with a working WOT. I publish a list of known bad updates ranging from extensions, to programs, all the way up to operating systems- and this one is definitely on the list!

Since the developers seem to be icing us out they can be bypassed.

17. User picture
    • MyWOT Team (Admin) on Mon 23 Oct 2017
    • 12:50:13 PM UTC

Hi all,

As discussed in our latest community update - https://www.mywot.com/forum/83518-community-upd... we’ve recently released new versions of WOT for both Chrome and Firefox users.

While many new features have been added and some existing features have been improved, we are aware of the fact that some users have encountered bugs or irregularities and we would like to first thank you for providing us with your input, and second, assure you that we are writing down every single suggestion, comment or bug report and are doing our best to fix or implement these requests as soon as possible.

Regarding the specific issues mentioned here in this post:

** Backend - is not affected, thus, your ratings and weight are the SAME. There is no advantage for new users over veteran ones.
    ** Website/Backend - We are aware of the issues with delay in ratings, errors while loading sites, etc. We are working on an update to the system that should fix this. Unfortunately these issues are complicated and therefore, it takes more time to fix them.
    ** WebExtensions - Mozilla Firefox will stop supporting any other architecture starting from Firefox 57 (should be released by November 14th) thus, WebExtensions will be the only architecture allowed.
    ** Mobile - we are planning on expanding WOT to mobile for many reasons, the main reason is to be able to provide full protection for our users on both fronts - desktop and mobile.
    ** Missing functionalities - we are aware of the fact that some functionalities might be missing from the new version. The new version is constantly being updated (weekly / bi-weekly updates) and therefore, a lot of these missing features have been added since the first release. This version is still not final and many improvements are on their way.
    We understand that the new version may not be everyone’s “cup of tea” - that's why we've added an option to switch to the "Classic WOT" version which includes some features that are not yet present in the 4.0 version. (FYI - Classic WOT isn't going to get bug fixes and we cannot guarantee it’ll work properly in the future).

As for the lack of communication - we take this matter very seriously and we are doing our very best to listen to you, our users, and voice your ideas, suggestions or opinions through the actual product - WOT. Needless to say, we can always do better and that’s exactly what we’re planning on. We appreciate your feedback, it helps us focus on the things that matter the most.

Best,
    WOT Team

--- MyWOT Team