(The quickest way to register)

Check out our new Mobile App

Forum

1. User picture
    • t- on Wed 22 Nov 2017
    • 03:22:22 AM UTC

Scam company MyPhoneSupport going after scambaiters

I've had MyPhoneSupport's lawyer contact me, requesting IP Addresses and other information of my scammer.info users, they have also sent the same documents to FireRTC & Discord, both have told me they plan to fight this in court and not send any information to the scammers.

Even after sending me their documents via email, they for some reason feel the need to send someone to my house at 8AM with the same documents, obviously they are trying to scare me.

The Lawyer has also went after a friend of mine, harassing both him & his family. His Dad has been getting calls & emails from this lawyer.

I made a video to explain everything better: hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0eFa9_G8A (minor profanity warning)

Opinions? Also what do you guys think I should do?

Relevant scorecard: https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/myphonesupport....

Comments:

1. User picture
    • A440 on Wed 22 Nov 2017
    • 07:16:36 PM UTC

RE: Scam company MyPhoneSupport going after scambaiters

Talk to a lawyer first.
    Second, don't answer the door.

2. User picture
    • shazza on Wed 22 Nov 2017
    • 09:09:13 PM UTC

I'm surprised they're still around https://www.mywot.com/forum/4717-my-faster-pc

3. User picture
    • MysteryFCM on Wed 22 Nov 2017
    • 09:58:10 PM UTC

Can you ping me with a copy of the correspondence and documents you've received please? (will PM my address)

Regards Steven Burn I.T. Mate / hpHosts it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

4. User picture
    • MysteryFCM on Wed 22 Nov 2017
    • 10:00:34 PM UTC

Seems there's an issue with the WoT PM system (it's returning JSON when sending a PM, but it did go through it seems)

Regards Steven Burn I.T. Mate / hpHosts it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

5. User picture
    • nova7 on Thu 23 Nov 2017
    • 12:12:49 AM UTC

Presently, Microsoft shows ConsumerSoft, listed as the owner of myPhoneSupport.com, is a partner:
    xwww.microsoft.com/en-us/solution-providers/partnerdetails/consumersoft_49bfc980-7cd7-4e78-8f77-70c72daf4671/bde8857f-f73e-420a-a80a-359a501bf42c

xwww.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=myphonesupport.com (Same physical address as the Microsoft partner. Owner: ConsumerSoft)

6. User picture
    • t- on Thu 23 Nov 2017
    • 03:56:24 AM UTC

Someone really needs to do something about this scam. Can anyone contact Microsoft and get them blacklisted from being partners?

You can use this video of me baiting myphonesupport into trying to scam me: hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Gwe_vsETo
    Also, had a talk with MysteryFCM who helped out, thanks.

7. User picture
    • t- on Wed 29 Nov 2017
    • 07:21:05 PM UTC

Discord has made their reply to ConsumerSoft's legal requests:

hxxps://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=XK1olhs0dWKmP4ZqcgBGCg==

full documents list here: hxxps://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=7x7SkYpv7Gf5Mj9cLC14GQ==&display=all&courtType=New%20York%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1