(The quickest way to register)

Check out our new Mobile App

How did you first hear about WOT?

Comments

  1. User picture
    • malycyn on Tue 16 Feb 2016
    • 09:04:05 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Webinar on School Technology

  2. User picture
    • Satchman on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 12:26:20 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Dear WOT,

    Been a WOT member for many years. I found the tool online looking for a replacement for McAfee Site Adviser, whose ratings I could no longer trust. Heard a rumor that website owners were paying McAfee to get bad ratings up to good, This was just a rumor, and was never substantiated. However, I discovered that years ago, some sites that McAfee had rated Green, WOT had rated Red. WOT for me at least seemed to better represent a more accurate representation of the Trustworthiness of a site over McAfee Site Adviser.

    Perhaps McAfee Site Adviser has improved over the years, but I am very happy with My WOT at this time.

    Switched to WOT, and have been happy with it for the most part. My main criticism is that site with a high Confidence rating are based too much on older data and are near impossible to rate down.

    Satch

  3. User picture
    • Site-rater on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 12:35:20 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Originally posted by: Satchman
    Dear WOT,

    Been a WOT member for many years. I found the tool online looking for a replacement for McAfee Site Adviser, whose ratings I could no longer trust. Heard a rumor that website owners were paying McAfee to get bad ratings up to good, and this seemed to be substantiated by other sources.

    Switched to WOT, and have been happy with it for the most part. My main criticism is that site with a high Confidence rating are based too much on older data and are near impossible to rate down.

    Satch

    You know, I think I ran both tools side-by-side for a while myself. However, WOT became my tool of choice, and Chrome Sync re-installs it for me whenever I reinstall. I've really only been active in the community though for the past couple of years, and I think my trust with the community at large helped ensure that both domains I own got good ratings (although I didn't cheat to get them; I worked hard on my privacy policy and run strict HTTPS, and don't distribute anything harmful).

  4. User picture
    • Meow1964 on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 01:32:04 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    i found it in search. i briefly used wot many years ago..but never bothered to use this forum until recently. the main reason why i joined it because vista support will be discontinued in april 2017. that has prompted me to save to buy new pc. i trust wot!

  5. User picture
    • Site-rater on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 01:51:44 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Originally posted by: Meow1964
    i found it in search. i briefly used wot many years ago..but never bothered to use this forum until recently. the main reason why i joined it because vista support will be discontinued in april 2017. that has prompted me to save to buy new pc. i trust wot!

    If your PC came with Vista, rather than throwing it out, it is probably new enough to run Windows 10 quite well, and even though you would probably have to buy a full boxed copy of Windows 10, it might give your Vista computer a significant performance boost; all versions since Vista have undergone considerable optimization to greatly improve their performance; it is something of a sport to see how low RAM Windows 7 and newer operating systems will tolerate before they fail.

    For those still running Vista (or more likely XP) you should pick up a couple free programs:
    Firefox for your web browser (continues to support XP (EDIT:now unsupported as of version 53) and since it has self-contained HTTPS certificates won't have errors)
    Avast free antivirus - they actually advertise continued support for Windows XP!
    And of course the (now relaunched) WOT Add-on for Firefox!

  6. User picture
    • ishindin on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 04:11:27 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Amazing website not only for mortgage brokers for all the consumers as well.This site have lot of valuable and practical information too

  7. User picture
    • Apollo702 on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 06:31:38 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I found it years ago while looking through the Firefox extensions catalog- back when FF was the best browser.

    In regards to a couple of concerns:

    Most people dread Windows 10- especially if they got a taste of 7. Even with the most modern machines for most people the path to happiness is to get 7. That either means building their own rig- or replacing the existing operating system- which isn't as difficult as it first seems. The key is to get a 7 iso disc and get a legitimate key for 7. A big trend is even when people dispose of a 7 machine they save the stickers and even resell them. Get one of them and you are good to go.

    As far as the mortgage comment that may need some more explanation. Is it regarding how this helps while looking through those kinds of sites or are they on a trip to Spam City?

  8. User picture
    • hereus on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 08:37:56 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I found it while checking my websites worth. I'd just like to say that your website needs to be fixed as it is giving out bad information and causing peoples websites to have problems. I saw what the person said about my domain name and if you checked it out you would have seen that it was parked on a site called sedo which is used to sell domain names and can also be utilized to earn a little extra money with pay per click advertising.

    Maybe this is how your website gets links to it by giving out bogus details about websites to make the owners put your link on their site to get your bs off your site and hoping the owners forget about your nasty little link. I'll tell you what, if you don't get the bad information about my website removed and in good standing in 30 days I'll proceed to the next step which won't be nice for your site.

  9. User picture
    • williKi on Wed 17 Feb 2016
    • 11:49:40 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I believe from someone on LinkedIn.

  10. User picture
    • Apollo702 on Thu 18 Feb 2016
    • 01:08:00 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Originally posted by: hereus
    I found it while checking my websites worth. I'd just like to say that your website needs to be fixed as it is giving out bad information and causing peoples websites to have problems. I saw what the person said about my domain name and if you checked it out you would have seen that it was parked on a site called sedo which is used to sell domain names and can also be utilized to earn a little extra money with pay per click advertising.

    Maybe this is how your website gets links to it by giving out bogus details about websites to make the owners put your link on their site to get your bs off your site and hoping the owners forget about your nasty little link. I'll tell you what, if you don't get the bad information about my website removed and in good standing in 30 days I'll proceed to the next step which won't be nice for your site.

    What you be talkin' about Willis?

  11. User picture
    • pudoff77 on Sat 20 Feb 2016
    • 09:01:56 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I found it while using SEO-tools plagin for Google Chrome for my site

  12. User picture
    • Test.Test2003 (not verified) on Tue 23 Feb 2016
    • 12:51:51 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I am using Yandex.Browser and this extension preinstalled

  13. User picture
    • dee64 on Tue 23 Feb 2016
    • 05:25:51 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    From my boyfriend he has firefox browser it is a good thing to protect my computer

  14. User picture
    • torikul on Sat 27 Feb 2016
    • 06:09:09 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    It is very helpful for us, cause to protect my browser safely

  15. User picture
    • TechTornado (not verified) on Sat 27 Feb 2016
    • 07:01:48 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    After my first computer got its first virus I found WOT while browsing through Firefox addons for browsing protection. I have been using it ever since (10+ years).

  16. User picture
    • anxin on Sun 28 Feb 2016
    • 10:43:37 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I found it myself while searching for website trustworthiness tools.I think it is very great ! It is very helpful for me.

  17. User picture
    • Metuka_ on Mon 29 Feb 2016
    • 10:19:53 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Checking Firefox extensions. I wasn't specifically looking for this kind of addon, but I thought it might be useful.

  18. User picture
    • Kojirion on Tue 01 Mar 2016
    • 06:40:38 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Noscript addon provides the ability to look up the site on WOT - that's how I found out about it.

  19. User picture
    • Dynn Mary on Tue 01 Mar 2016
    • 10:09:11 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I heard it from my friends. One time I asked my friends to recommend some good languages studying website. Then, my friends told me that there is a tool which is very useful for me to measure whether a website is good. The tool is WOT.

  20. User picture
    • tautaula on Wed 23 Mar 2016
    • 03:18:44 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Originally posted by: Site-rater
    If your PC came with Vista, rather than throwing it out, it is probably new enough to run Windows 10 quite well, and even though you would probably have to buy a full boxed copy of Windows 10, it might give your Vista computer a significant performance boost; all versions since Vista have undergone considerable optimization to greatly improve their performance; it is something of a sport to see how low RAM Windows 7 and newer operating systems will tolerate before they fail.

    For those still running Vista (or more likely XP) you should pick up a couple free programs:
    Firefox for your web browser (continues to support XP and since it has self-contained HTTPS certificates won't have errors)
    Avast free antivirus - they actually advertise continued support for Windows XP!
    And of course the WOT Add-on for Firefox!

    Don't forget non-Windows OSs. I hear a lot of, 'Games I like onlywork on Windows!' but the OSs are cheaper and more secure. Not virusproof, but certainly I'm spoiled by not having to worry as much.

    (Now, to work on teaching myself to use a more-Linux OS than I use now...)

  21. User picture
    • swagatam on Fri 17 Jun 2016
    • 08:30:57 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    I Read first about WOT on an online article about browser security plugins. I read and instantly liked the idea behind wot.

  22. User picture
    • astonysh on Wed 29 Jun 2016
    • 02:55:55 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    We bought a second-hand laptop and it was already there.

    I had been concerned for some time that my AV software was often not up to the job (I since have bought Kaspersky AV and that is far better than what I had previously NB), and having a means of checking sites on google before I accessed them was important for my peace of mind.

    Since I bought the new PC, I make regular use of it, I find it very useful, if occasionally out of date (green stickers from 2010, criticism from 2014 when something changed, but still marked as green - one thing to keep in mind).

  23. User picture
    • haircult on Sun 04 Sep 2016
    • 08:56:22 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    From go.mail.ru search engine webmaster tools.

  24. User picture
    • Ivan.Gambit on Mon 05 Dec 2016
    • 03:06:12 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Just from my friend whom I rely on at Inet things. He recommended WoT to me as a trusted website.

  25. User picture
    • Blind Sniper on Wed 08 Mar 2017
    • 04:25:58 PM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Впервые я увидел о WOT в Рейтинге каталога сайтов Mail.

  26. User picture
    • ВАСИЛИЙ.ДАНКАНИЧ on Tue 14 Mar 2017
    • 07:06:04 AM UTC

    RE: How did you first hear about WOT?

    Случайно в интернете увидел значок и заинтересовался информацией. А она оказалась интересной и нужной, поэтому скачал приложение и начал им пользоваться.