Check out our new Mobile App

Форум

1. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team (Администратор) on Срд 16 Мар 2016
    • 19:28:16

Welcome

Let's discuss WOT for Mobile topics here.

Have you tried our new Android Security App? Please check it out and let us know how you like it!
    https://www.mywot.com/mobile-app

--- MyWOT Team

Комментарии:

1. Изображение пользователя
    • Super Hero! (Не проверено) on Срд 16 Мар 2016
    • 20:40:00

RE: Welcome

@MyWOT team =
    A dear and knowledgeable friend, from Russia [SK] told me
    " WOT AntiVirus for PC? I think it would be quite good to see a new antivirus. Especially resources on creation of new programs are present why not to risk :-)"
    And I say, why not?
    Please think about this!

I hope that you acknowledge the incredible work of Matiks that for a year, has worked on his idea of the first unofficial app, for WOT
    Many members got involved in helping Matiks, from Mystery FCM, A440, Dr.Sumit, CoG,Nick Vini and the others that decided to help anonymously
    From coding to translations, the members of WOT were more than gracious to help Matiks to create with simplicity and elegance, WOT's first app, even if it was unofficial, it took WOT to the next level ................. security via trust to where the action is, the cellular world and away from the desktop, as we are dealing with a new business and social paradigm, the mobile users
    But he did not stop there, he moved to
    MyWOT Android Browser

https://www.mywot.com/forum/64188-mywot-android...
    A month ago in his typical way and with the flair that, have become his personal signature, he created the first browser for WOT, I know that My WOT team is being paying attention to his work, now is time to honor him
    Thank you and keep up the good work
    edited -
    Removed from the previous thread!

2. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Срд 16 Мар 2016
    • 20:43:35

Does WOT have any plans to make the Firefox add-on compatible with mobile? Firefox for Android already supports add-ons and Adblock Plus is already compatible.
    When I go to the Firefox add-on site the install button is grayed out, and if I load the desktop version it indicates it is downloading the add-on but nothing happens after that.

As a quickid suggestion for mobile compatibility, fix the header to make it easier to get into the Forum and make the sliders work with touch; rating sites on mobile is a bit tedious because I cannot "drag" the slider into position; I must tap at it until it drops into the right position.

3. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Чтв 17 Мар 2016
    • 15:17:34

Originally posted by: Site-rater
    Does WOT have any plans to make the Firefox add-on compatible with mobile?

Not at present. We developed the app for mobile so that it can serve all browsers and not just Firefox.

--- MyWOT Team

4. Изображение пользователя
    • Retarded Joker on Сбт 19 Мар 2016
    • 07:48:33

Are you guys planning to create a mobile application for WoT? I know the website automatically adjusts the forum posts on the browsers, depending on the screen size, but I'm talking about a standalone application itself. You can bring forums and reputation discussions into it.
    With Matiks creating a browser/add-on kind of application, it would be great to integrate an application alongside with it. To view user comments, you can simply open them up on the mobile app. Or check for reputations within the app itself. The addition of forums will be really helpful. Push notifications will update users when they have forum replies, etc. The ideas are vast.
    It is easier to stay connected through the phone, and users can be more active.
    Just a suggestion.

Computer Science Student. Majoring in Security Engineering. Programmer.

5. Изображение пользователя
    • Matiks (Не проверено) on Сбт 19 Мар 2016
    • 09:00:14

I know the website automatically adjusts the forum posts on the browsers, depending on the screen size, but I'm talking about a standalone application itself.

I didn't notice this element.

I concur with your idea. A previous version of Tap&Trust embedded the forum (via RSS) and messages were displayed via a list view. I also made a service which notified when there was a new message. But I gave up this idea because it was only in read only (so quite frustrating).

@MyWOT Team
    I guess that webservices have been developed to offer WOT on devices. Will you grant the access through the API?

6. Изображение пользователя
    • Retarded Joker on Сбт 19 Мар 2016
    • 12:06:28

Originally posted by: Matiks
    I didn't notice this element.
    It is only applicable for the body of a post. The username and other elements of both the Forums and the Website, still appear tiny and would require an extensive zoom-in to read them. But the message/body of a post appear to be of readable size, automatically, depending on the device's screen size.
    That is why I suggested a mobile application.
    We could have a 'm.mywot.com' version, but that lacks the feature of Push-Notifications.

7. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Втр 22 Мар 2016
    • 10:55:12

The app will have several of the functionalities mentioned above. To answer a couple of your questions: the app will have its own version of the scorecard and scorecard comments will be visible. You will also be able to search for websites within the app.
    We don't want to spoil the surprise and give everything away :) Once it's released, a lot of your questions will be answered.

--- MyWOT Team

8. Изображение пользователя
    • Самаритянин on Птн 25 Мар 2016
    • 08:18:14

Нет русского языка. Описание сайта как то урезано.

9. Изображение пользователя
    • Super Hero! (Не проверено) on Срд 30 Мар 2016
    • 22:30:08

Originally posted by: netxack

The member is right and I have made a point .o constantly ask for a Russian message board, they do a great job, the least that they deserve is a Russian translation of the blog
    Thank you

10. Изображение пользователя
    • Retarded Joker on Птн 22 Апр 2016
    • 08:05:37

It's been almost three weeks. Just wondering what's going on.
    Is the development still going on? Or, is there a problem causing a delay or something?
    Just curious.

11. Изображение пользователя
    • Super Hero! (Не проверено) on Птн 22 Апр 2016
    • 08:18:43

Originally posted by: Retarded Joker
    It's been almost three weeks. Just wondering what's going on.
    Is the development still going on? Or, is there a problem causing a delay or something?
    Just curious.

I second that!

12. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team (Администратор) on Пнд 25 Апр 2016
    • 14:49:10

WOT for Android is now live on Google Play!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my.wot

This release comes after we turned user feedback from the beta test into improvements and new features.

We hope you enjoy the app and share it with your friends!

If you have any questions or feedback, this is the place :)

--- MyWOT Team

13. Изображение пользователя
    • Super Hero! (Не проверено) on Втр 26 Апр 2016
    • 13:23:52

Originally posted by: MyWOT Team
    WOT for Android is now live on Google Play!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my.wot

This release comes after we turned user feedback from the beta test into improvements and new features.

We hope you enjoy the app and share it with your friends!

If you have any questions or feedback, this is the place :)

My feedback =
    I my previous post, I was referring to
    netxack on Fri 25 Mar 2016
    08:18:14 AM UTC

This was my response
    The member is right and I have made a point .o constantly ask for a Russian message board, they do a great job, the least that they deserve is a Russian translation of the blog
    Thank you

It had nothing to do with the app , my opinion about the app is quite clear
    https://www.mywot.com/forum/54448-wot-android-a...
    Did you, ever saw it?

I do not speak on behalf of Matiks, but about how I feel about the project that he started, in which many members participated, I was the last and least of all the member to participate by translating to Spanish some functions of the app, in which I worked so hard that I contacted old acquaintances in Spain, just to make sure that, the translation could be understood by most Spanish speaking users in the world, not just in Spain, and internet related, in the process we even helped Google translator, by editing whole sentences that were wrong in Spanish
    I like to believe that I did a good job because it was from Matiks , someone that I admire and respect , now my question is
    When are you going to recognize him and say
    "Thank you, for such a great job, Matiks"
    It is the right and ethical thing to do, you can remove my badge of member of the year and give it to him, he deserves it, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging a member that, has done so much for WOT
    I have been told that it would be much better to go with "the flow" and say nothing that may contradict the administrators of WOT, but could you imagine everyone staying quiet and saying yes, when deep inside they feel otherwise?
    I hope that, when you read this that you understand that because my loyalty to the idea behind WOT, moves me and not the want for arguments

I know what you are capable of doing, but acknowledging what is being done is an added touch of class
    With my best regards to MyWOT team
    Thank you
    edit=
    And yes, it would be a good idea to post in the Russian forum as well that the members know what is going on

14. Изображение пользователя
    • Armored on Втр 26 Апр 2016
    • 15:17:04

I Downloaded & installed the App.

Ok your app..firstly It was damn hard to find on the play store using regular searches such as "WOT" "mywot" "wot for android" ect. I kept getting those WOT (World of Tanks) Games showing up. I ended up just copying and pasting the link provided in the Forum directly into my browser. Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.

I noticed that it wasn't designed to let us rate from our browser like the regular add-on. That would have been cool but probably difficult to implement. The design of the App is simple and easy to use. I like the rating "slider" especially how it shows us exactly how many points we are rating a category 1 - 100 in real time. This slider is much better than the one we have on the Desktop add-on and this website! Please allow this function on the desktop as well.

We can't leave comments via the app. I don't care to much about that.
    We can't thumbs up or down comments as well. Don't care to much about that either.

A few questions:

1)Can we synchronize the ratings we make via the app with our regular user account? (It doesn't seem that way)
    2)The ratings we make through the app are they true ratings that can eventually effect a websites reputation? or do they only give us a personal warning when visiting websites we rated low?
    3)If they do affect reputations how can WOT prevent/minimize abuse? I mean it's pretty easy for a user to rate websites twice this way. that's like having multiple accounts isn't it? It's almost encouraging multiple accounts.

Offcourse it's impossible to prevent people using multiple accounts 100% of the time regardless of any precautions we take. Just concerned that this app will make it easier/more convenient.

I guess I was dreaming when I envisioned an Android app that works the same or similar way to the Desktop version- Allowing us to synch our regular WOT account with the app and continue rating with the same account as we always have.

I do like the idea of an android app & like I said I even prefer the accuracy of the rating slider the app offers. I'm also aware that this is the first version of the app & future versions will be inevitably released. I just thought it would be better to mention a few concerns earlier rather than later. I would still like to say well done & thanks for the release:-)

Click Here

15. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team (Администратор) on Срд 27 Апр 2016
    • 15:52:36

RE: I Downloaded & installed the App.

Thanks for your nice comment and questions :)

Originally posted by: Armored
    Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.

That's also our hope. Please share it so it can rank higher!
    1)Can we synchronize the ratings we make via the app with our regular user account? (It doesn't seem that way)
    2)The ratings we make through the app are they true ratings that can eventually effect a websites reputation? or do they only give us a personal warning when visiting websites we rated low?
    3)If they do affect reputations how can WOT prevent/minimize abuse? I mean it's pretty easy for a user to rate websites twice this way. that's like having multiple accounts isn't it? It's almost encouraging multiple accounts.

1. This version does not synchronize with personal accounts - future versions will.
    2. The ratings from the app are currently stored locally - you will get a personal warning when you visit a site you have rated Red. When profiles from the app and browser addon are synchronized these will begin to affect website reputations.
    3. When profiles are synchronized we will have abuse counter-measures in place - this is one of our top priorities.
    We hope you enjoy the app!

--- MyWOT Team

16. Изображение пользователя
    • MysteryFCM on Срд 27 Апр 2016
    • 17:33:31

Can I suggest adding it to the download page ;) (https://www.mywot.com/download)

Regards Steven Burn I.T. Mate / hpHosts it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

17. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Чтв 28 Апр 2016
    • 03:04:52

I noticed an update was released, however I do not see any release notes in the Play Store page.
    Also, the description in the Play Store appears to be all bold text.
    Supposedly WOT Mobile Security is supposed to magically integrate into Chrome for Android? I did a test by loading a red site but nothing happened. Is it actually more like Matiks' old app where it is meant to be set up as a wrapper?

18. Изображение пользователя
    • Matiks (Не проверено) on Чтв 28 Апр 2016
    • 11:20:57

Is it actually more like Matiks' old app where it is meant to be set up as a wrapper?

If you have not already done it, I suggest you deinstall the old app I developed. These apps have a similar behavior that might interfere.

19. Изображение пользователя
    • Dutch Mountain on Птн 29 Апр 2016
    • 20:57:58

RE: I Downloaded & installed the App.

Originally posted by: Armored
    Ok your app..firstly It was damn hard to find on the play store using regular searches such as "WOT" "mywot" "wot for android" ect. I kept getting those WOT (World of Tanks) Games showing up. I ended up just copying and pasting the link provided in the Forum directly into my browser. Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.

I had the app on my Android phone from the beginning and it seems promising to me, though some improvements in next versions are needed. See later.
    This week my phone crashed and I needed a new one. That one again is running on Android.
    I wanted the app back and I must admit Armored is right. When searching for the app on Google or the Google Play store one gets stuck in a lot of apps for World of tanks.
    But I've found it and it's installed on my new phone. Great tool.

About the first sentence :
    When I show the app to others who never have heard about it ( or even about WOT ) - e.g. on a birthday or gathering - they're very surprised and directly enthousiast. "Great" / "That's nice" / "Handy tool" and "Where can I download that? "are the comments.
    So now it's released it may take some time. But someday "World of tanks" apps will snow under in the search results.
    No doubt about that.

I hope that in some next version it will be made possible to go directly to a site after checking that on safety in the app. That two step strategy will make the app very user friendly and - for sure - will give it a boost.

I'm already working with it, but now you need to type the checked URL yourself afterwards in the title bar to get to the site itself.

Great development....... not perfect yet, but you need to begin somewhere.

peterswebsafety.com ( link on my profile page ).

20. Изображение пользователя
    • 31Y13 on Вск 01 Май 2016
    • 19:12:17

The WOT mobile app does not show "Reviews" (comments are not loaded) for a few days now.

Trust: And it's gone!

21. Изображение пользователя
    • Matiks (Не проверено) on Вск 01 Май 2016
    • 19:55:23

Originally posted by: 31M13
    The WOT mobile app does not show "Reviews" (comments are not loaded) for a few days now.

Yes. I get the same error with my browser app. So I had a look.
    This is due a recent redirection for mobile devices on mywot.com (I guess due to the promotion of the app).

I have solved it (but not yet published) by changing the header of the device during the http query to the scorecard. In this way, I am avoiding the redirect.

22. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Пнд 02 Май 2016
    • 14:43:14

Originally posted by: 31M13

This has been fixed, please update and let us know if it's still not working for you.

--- MyWOT Team

23. Изображение пользователя
    • Galaxyfox on Втр 03 Май 2016
    • 04:41:04

Originally posted by: Site-rater
    I noticed an update was released, however I do not see any release notes in the Play Store page.
    Also, the description in the Play Store appears to be all bold text.
    Supposedly WOT Mobile Security is supposed to magically integrate into Chrome for Android? I did a test by loading a red site but nothing happened. Is it actually more like Matiks' old app where it is meant to be set up as a wrapper?

I can't get this app to work either. I tried doing a test by loading a bunch of red sites (both ones that are already red and ones I rate red manually) in Chrome and nothing happens. I did not have any previous app installed. This is on my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow (6.0.1).

Best regards, Brian (Galaxyfox)

24. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Втр 03 Май 2016
    • 14:02:54

Originally posted by: Galaxyfox
    I can't get this app to work either. I tried doing a test by loading a bunch of red sites (both ones that are already red and ones I rate red manually) in Chrome and nothing happens. I did not have any previous app installed. This is on my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow (6.0.1).

Thanks for the details. There's a problem with the latest version of Android that we're working on fixing.

--- MyWOT Team

25. Изображение пользователя
    • PJbullet on Сбт 07 Май 2016
    • 00:48:28

Is someone going to find a way to develop WOT for ios? Yes I know there are app restrictions on ios but, you guys are the geniuses. I need Wot for my new phone. Yes I had android but had to get new phone and let my best friend talk me into getting ios. Sucks. Am really missing android now and my favorite apps. Can't surf without WOT lol. Please someone!!!!?

26. Изображение пользователя
    • №3344 on Птн 13 Май 2016
    • 17:55:05

Originally posted by: Super Hero!
    the least that they deserve is a Russian translation of the blog
    Thank you

They already have:
    http://wot-russia.blogspot.ru

But abandoned a lot; last article is from late 2013. Full time Russian support working 24/7/365 requers Russian-speaking professionals, they are gone.

27. Изображение пользователя
    • Reaper 1610 on Сбт 21 Май 2016
    • 03:35:28

Hi, the description said that it's "Seamless integration with Chrome and all native Android browsers" but does it support Firefox for Android?

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

28. Изображение пользователя
    • PMandroidS on Сбт 21 Май 2016
    • 11:27:13

Спасибо за приложение, поставил 5!

Работаю для вас!

29. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Втр 24 Май 2016
    • 07:25:43

Originally posted by: tung1610
    Hi, the description said that it's "Seamless integration with Chrome and all native Android browsers" but does it support Firefox for Android?

The first version only works with Chrome and native Android browsers - we're working on a version that will work with Firefox as well :)

--- MyWOT Team

30. Изображение пользователя
    • MyWOT Team on Втр 24 Май 2016
    • 07:53:48

Originally posted by: PJbullet
    Is someone going to find a way to develop WOT for ios?

It's too early to say exactly when it will be released - but it's in development :)

--- MyWOT Team