Check out our new Mobile App

Форум

1. Изображение пользователя
    • lvsunz3748 on Сбт 27 Май 2017
    • 19:15:40

Firefox multiprocess compatibility

Been using WOT long time but it's not compatible with Firefox multiprocess. Please help. Thank you.

Комментарии:

1. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Сбт 27 Май 2017
    • 19:17:47

RE: Firefox multiprocess compatibility

According to https://www.mywot.com/forum/77126-planned-chang... they plan on creating a WebExtensions based add-on.
    Don't hold your breath for a GitHub release; they stopped committing to GitHub about a year and a half ago.

2. Изображение пользователя
    • Apollo702 on Вск 28 Май 2017
    • 03:47:02

Multiprocess is great for all kinds of things like processors. In browsers it stinks.

See the Palemoon thread for more details.

3. Изображение пользователя
    • mvanpelt on Пнд 11 Сен 2017
    • 21:49:04

YMMV. I've found multiprocess in Firefox is a huge win -- enough that I'm just not going to re-install the MyWot plugin unless and until there is a version that permits me to run multiprocess. That's a step I do not take lightly; I really like the MyWoT plugin, but the difference between multiprocess and not-multiprocess is big enough for the way I use Firefox that if I have to choose between the two... I choose multiprocess. Regretfully... and it's a fairly close thing.

Anxiously awaiting the multiprocess-capable version of MyWoT....

4. Изображение пользователя
    • NotBuyingIt on Пнд 02 Окт 2017
    • 23:54:43

Originally posted by: mvanpelt
    I've found multiprocess in Firefox is a huge win -- enough that I'm just not going to re-install the MyWot plugin unless and until there is a version that permits me to run multiprocess.

Please test whether the newest version of the WOT extension for Firefox is compatible. See
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

5. Изображение пользователя
    • mvanpelt on Срд 04 Окт 2017
    • 17:15:23

YAY! Installed it. Multiprocess is still enabled.

6. Изображение пользователя
    • mvanpelt on Срд 04 Окт 2017
    • 22:32:07

Alas... Firefox became so very very slow, gray-outs where nothing worked for minutes. Then the whole window manager on Ubuntu wedged so hard I had to log in remotely and reboot my system. I haven't had the Ubuntu window manager wedge like that in ages.

After reboot and restore all my tabs, all the nesting in Tree Style Tabs was ... gone. All the tabs were top-level.

I removed the WOT plugin and restarted FireFox, and the nesting returned, thank goodness.

An update or two from now, when I'm not so busy, I'll give it another try. I really want it in my browser.

(Oh, in the "adding insult to injury" department, installing the Firefox add-on does not get rid of the EXTREMELY ANNOYING "Install the Firefox MyWoT Plugin" popup that covers the entire page whenever you open a MyWoT window and search for a domain.)

7. Изображение пользователя
    • mvanpelt on Чтв 26 Окт 2017
    • 22:39:20

The October 20 update of the plugin has not (so far) seemed to affect the speed of Firefox. Plus the (bad words redacted) popup constantly leaping in front of my face and haranguing me to install the Firefox plugin seems to be gone! Yay!