Check out our new Mobile App

Форум

1. Изображение пользователя
    • Satchman on Пнд 02 Окт 2017
    • 11:57:59

New Version of WOT So Buggy That I am Uninstalling

Dear WOT,

Very buggy new release! After being a WOT user for many many years I am uninstalling for now. For starters:

1.) WOT would not accept my log in credentials. I had to go through the "Forget Password" and get a new link.

2.) Finally, I could log in, but the data is not remembered after closing the browser.

3.) Clicking on the icon to see the scorecard summary reviews, just shows loading, loading, loading. Cleared browser History and Cache, still nothing.

4.) The window for the scorecard summery is sickening huge! Your blocking out a ton of the screen! UGGHHH!

5.) Color Blind option, one the best tools WOT ever had is gone in Settings.

I will check the forum again in a few months to see what improvements have been made. But considering the time and testing involved, this version is awful!

I just got the Windows 10 Creators Update automatically yesterday. Maybe that could be a part of some of these issues.

Satch

Комментарии:

1. Изображение пользователя
    • NotBuyingIt on Пнд 02 Окт 2017
    • 17:06:30

RE: New Version of WOT So Buggy That I am Uninstalling

Another version of the WOT extension (or add-on) may be available after the OP was posted a few hours ago, but I don't think the log-in issue has been addressed yet. I'm not going to test or to use any Microsoft web browser. However, on the new Firefox version 56.0 using the new WOT extension (version "20171003.0wot"), the add-on in the toolbar maintains my login after a restart but the WOT website does not. The "loading, loading, loading" behaviour has much improved since version 20171002, but still doesn't always correctly return scorecard comments.

The My_WOT Team commentary is at
    https://www.mywot.com/forum/82482-the-new-wot-movi...

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

2. Изображение пользователя
    • NotBuyingIt on Втр 03 Окт 2017
    • 03:55:52

RE: New Version of WOT So Buggy — Yahoo search results

The default search engine for the new Firefox version 56.0 is Yahoo. WOT reports the wrong reputations for Yahoo search results. Instead of the reputations for the domains listed in the results, WOT presents the reputation of r.search.yahoo.com for every item in the results. This error does not occur if other search engines are selected (i.e., Duck Duck Go, Google or Bing). This error does not occur if various European editions of Yahoo are used (e.g., yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.fr, yahoo.de).

I believe that the same sort of error by WOT regarding Yahoo search results has occurred before. The workaround is to select some other default search engine besides Yahoo in the Firefox "Search Settings."

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

3. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Втр 03 Окт 2017
    • 22:38:51

It should be noted there is still a "Classic WOT 3.0" addon, which you can search for in the Chrome Web Store.

4. Изображение пользователя
    • zombiegrl.d@gmail... on Птн 06 Окт 2017
    • 14:43:13

I don't know if I have a "new" version, but I have been having problems for a long time.
    -I am unable to edit my profile.
    -I am unable to click on MOST links.
    -I am unable to rate sites.
    -The top of the page has lines jumbled together. It's really a mess.
    I used to recommend WOT to everyone, but not anymore because it is an embarrassment at this point. I wish things would get fixed because this used to be such a great tool.

5. Изображение пользователя
    • zombiegrl.d@gmail... on Птн 06 Окт 2017
    • 14:50:03

Originally posted by: Site-rater
    It should be noted there is still a "Classic WOT 3.0" addon, which you can search for in the Chrome Web Store.

I looked and could not find it. I could only find the mobile version.
  6. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Птн 06 Окт 2017
    • 15:11:55

Originally posted by: zombiegrl.d@gmail.com
    I looked and could not find it. I could only find the mobile version.

If you use Chrome, it is at chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/classic-wot-30/idfjghemicebadpkihdooaaekecoiolg

7. Изображение пользователя
    • Retarded Joker on Сбт 07 Окт 2017
    • 12:26:12

I'm facing a bug where the extension shows I am a 'Rookie' while my profile clearly states 'Platinum'.

Computer Science Student. Majoring in Security Engineering. Programmer.

8. Изображение пользователя
    • cbc0819 on Вск 08 Окт 2017
    • 23:32:40

I use WOT on my Facebook feed but, it has disappeared. Does anyone know how to get it back?

9. Изображение пользователя
    • Site-rater on Чтв 12 Окт 2017
    • 16:37:19

Add to the bugs, major spikes in CPU usage; Chrome Task Manager saw spikes of up to 110%.
    Uninstalled WOT 4.0 and now my browser is a lot faster.