The add-on requires Safari 5 or later, and works on all supported platforms.
Terms and conditions
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Please notice that the Terms of Service apply to all WOT services. If you use the software or the API as a part of your own application or redistribute and modify the software, the API Terms of Service apply too.
- Download the add-on from our website.
After installing, you can always update to the latest supported version from Preferences -> Extensions -> Updates.
If you are interested in participating in the development process, you are welcome to make pull requests with improvements and bug fixes.
- 1.6 (source code on GitHub)
- jQuery is upgraded to 1.7.1, some bugs fixed
- 1.5 (source code)
- Clarifies warning texts
- Fixes potential issues with the settings page
- 1.4 (source code)
- Improves performance on sites with a lot of frames or social sharing buttons
- Upgraded jQuery to 1.6.4
- 1.3 (source code)
- Fixes warning thresholds in the previous version
- Fixes the rating symbol shown on the web page in colorblind accessible mode
- Adds an option to the advanced settings to disable showing the rating on the page
- 1.2 (source code)
- Adds translations for ko-KR
- 1.1 (source code)
- Adds ratings to Facebook, Twitter, and shortened URLs.
- Updated the version number to match other add-ons with the same code base.
- 0.4 (source code)
- Fixed encoding of shared host names (on twitter.com, for example).
- Upgraded to jQuery 1.4.4
- 0.3 (source code)
- Fixed rating window and rating indicator issues on sites that use frames
- 0.2 (source code)
- First public release
Attention Safari users! WOT is available for you too!
Tue 29 Jun 2010
It's official. The WOT add-on is now available for the Safari browser (Safari 5 or later). It was challenging for our developers, but not because building a WOT extension for Safari is technically difficult. The reason is simple, but a bit mystifying at first.
The Safari toolbar's color scheme is in a gray palette. WOT's icons are traffic-light colored; green, yellow and red. So unless a whole new toolbar would be allocated just for the WOT icon (which I doubt you would want, since that's valuable real estate), it took a little quirky creativity. Quirky WOT icons for Safari
Instead of seeing a green icon in the toolbar to denote a site with an excellent or good WOT rating, you will see a gray icon with a check-mark...
read the article