The WOT forum to have moderators
posted: Fri 13 May 2011 - 10:18:39 AM UTC
(referenced for archival purposes)
- Spam removal
- The purpose is to keep the forum as a channel for useful information exchange, free of spam. The moderators have permission to remove postings that they judge as spamming.
- Spam examples
- Advertisements of third-party sites and services.
- Duplicate postings
- Inappropriate off-topic postings; trolling
- Community safety
- Posts containing live links to dangerous websites are to be hidden and the user should be notified via PM as to why the post was removed.
- Why is site http://example.com/ green when it's reported by Google SafeBrowsing as an attack site?
- 1] the user posted a live link rather than the simple domain name; ie: example.com
- 2] The domain does not have a poor reputation so WOT allows the link to be followed
- 3] Visiting the site by clicking on the link could potentially infect the visitors computer.
- these postings, including new topics should be hidden, it is not WOT's desire to lead it's visitors to malicious websites.
- When a moderator feels that a topic is getting too far off-topic or appears to be flaming, they shall step in and post a warning
Do not hide posts by other moderators, because this leads to conflicts. If a moderator posts something on the forum it is because she/he thinks it's appropriate. If you disagree, discuss it in private, not on the forums. If you feel the post made by a moderator is completely inappropriate, report it to Admins.