This is the official site for the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
• AMA is the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
• AMA is the world's largest model aviation organization, representing a membership of more than 150,000 from
every walk of life, income level and age group.
• AMA is a self-supporting, non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote development of model aviation
as a recognized sport and worthwhile recreation activity.
• AMA is an organization open to anyone interested in model aviation.
• AMA is the official national body for model aviation in the United States. AMA sanctions more than a thousand
model competitions throughout the country each year, and certifies official model flying records on a national
and international level.
• AMA is the organizer of the annual National Aeromodeling Championships, the world's largest model airplane
• AMA is the chartering organization for more than 2,500 model airplane clubs across the country. AMA offers
its chartered clubs official contest sanction, insurance, and assistance in getting and keeping flying sites. Flying
site assistance and disaster relief funds are available to chartered clubs.
• AMA is the voice of its membership, providing liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration, the Federal
Communications Commission, and other government agencies through our national headquarters in Muncie,
Indiana. AMA also works with local governments, zoning boards, and parks departments to promote the interests
of local chartered clubs.
• AMA is an associate member of the National Aeronautic Association. Through NAA, AMA is recognized by
the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), the world governing body of all aviation activity, as the only
organization which may direct U.S. participation in international aeromodeling activities.
• For more detailed information, contact the Academy of Model Aeronautics, Marketing Department, 5161 E.
Memorial Drive, Muncie, Indiana, 47302 or telephone 1-765-287-1256.