This site has a terrible extremist right bias, but I don't find any harm in it if you don't take it seriously. It's useless for any legitimate purposes, but it's okay if it's used to make fun of the conservative bias.
This site is useful if you think a 1984-society is a good idea, including new-speech and rewriting of history, and you don't care about facts or opinions or arguments because you know that an invisible wizard once set foot in a primitive Middle East, performed some special effects and tricks to impress people, said some common things, and had himself executed in a nasty, but by far not the most nasty way, in order to start 1000+ variations of his true religion, where your particular version is of course the right one, because your pastor or whatever the guy you give money to is called says so.
More specific, this site is only useful if you read other sites as well. Check sources. Check opinions. Read arguments. It will show you that this site is just another biased narrow minded crap site with nonsense, made by people who want money and power and people who are tricked.
Rated as Malicious content, because it is. And it tries to spread mind viruses. How this works:
1. the site tries to trick naive people into a mind set where they let the virus in. The site uses a stolen layout from a quite trusted, well-known, peer reviewed site for that (Wikipedia)
2. Once the virus is in the payload becomes active. It works in layers and fills in any empty space found with 'do not think for yourself anymore, there's no need' and 'do not trust anything that opposes this (payload), and 'spread me, send me to everybody in your human contact list!'.
Then there is a layer with 'pay respect and pay money' and 'do not dare to flush me, I will kill your human OS beyond recovery, do not reboot!!'.
The last, layer is something like 'Get Rich Quick! I am An Invisible WizZzard! And I am Your Friend,sir'. It's in the subject line which gets all the attention. Once you've activated it you'll be looking for that wizard for the rest of your life. Without ever finding him.
To get rid of this virus:
1. accept the claims made by the virus, that it's trustworthy and true and powerful, that you will never leave it, etcetera. Make it feel at ease.
2. learn as much as possible about the many other likewise viruses, but do not pay attention to their payloads since they are false (of course). Study the essence of these viruses instead, how they work.
3. realize that your virus works exactly like that too and that there is a huge probability that the layer three payload is false too since it is highly unlikely that you and your 100 fellows have it all right while others are completely wrong. Don't be fooled by the layer 2 payload with 'everybody has me (virus), but some got it wrong or forgot about me'
Less hate-filled than obviously bias-embracing. The ethical concern has to do with misrepresentation. I don't here refer to the veracity of their claims. Rather, I refer to the fact that the site bills itself as a source for information on a variety of topics. In fact, each article I have read can only be described honestly as nothing short of propaganda.
Rassistische Thesen und rechtsradikales Gedankengut werden hier verbreitet. Unglaublich, daß es das im 21. Jahrhundert noch gibt.
Racistic prejudices are spread here, incredible that this is possible in the 21st century
A user gets indef-blocked for this constructive post (which references a valid edit made by an admin): http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Essay:Best_New_Conservative_Words&diff=758634&oldid=758359
They are also known to copy-paste articles with non-existent attribution: http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Conservapedia:Blatant_plagiarism - and the copies are done by "high-ranking members".
The site is so fundamentalist that you might as well think it's a joke.
The site is very poorly run. It is common for administrators to censor dissenting opinions and post very inaccurate, badly sourced material. I have seen one administrator post the locations of dissenters publicly. While the site is safe, it is not good to use or get information from.
This site does not have as great a selection of topics as Wikipedia does. But, this site is factual and less biased than Wikipedia. It also has no adult content. So why the bad ratings in the "Child Safety" category??
It's like wikipedia, but with a conservative bias.
Marketed as "the trustworthy encyclopedia" it is anything but. Go read wikipedia instead if you want to read something that isnt likely to be propaganda.
Filthy site full of pages like "Homosexuality and Bestiality". Supportive of Scientology. Also highly blasphemous as it seeks to rewrite the Bible for its own uses. Not Safe For Children, Not Safe For Work, Not Safe For Christians. Avoid like the plague.
FIrst off this is not a hate site, people claming this is a hateful site or bad site did not read the disclaimer http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:General_disclaimer
a moderator needs to fix the useless comments on this page #1 CONSERVAPEDIA MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF VALIDITY; USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK for all the haters...in fact ALL WIKI's including wikipedia give this disclaimer!!!
An absolutely disgusting, pathetic site for extremist right propaganda. Examples: http://www.conservapedia.com/Homosexuality, http://www.conservapedia.com/Al_Gore, http://www.conservapedia.com/Rosa_Luxemburg,
sadly, the list goes on.
They even contact the FBI about vandals, which should be illegal!
IF ANYTHING, AND I MEAN ANYTHING, DON'T PRETEND IT'S A RESOURCE FOR CHILDREN! IT MAY BRAINWASH THEM!