Not sure how anybody could say bad about this site. The shipping is fast and free. . DealDash auction model allows you to buy the product if you don't win, thus getting back applied bids. If you are expecting to win on the majority of what you bid on, perhaps you should stick with retail shopping, because it wont happen unless you are Lady Luck :) I like to use the analogy "if there was a local gas station that you could possibly get free gas when you swiped your card, would you not go to that station rather than the others?" Very similar, risk free since, if you don't win, you simply pay retail price, can't loose unless you are wasting bids on things you don't want. "
I HAVE WON A LOT OF NICE ITEMS ON THIS PENNY AUCTION AND THEY WERE MAILED OUT ALL BUT 2 AND I AM WAITING ON THEM .. I
CONTACTED SUPPORT ABOUT WHERE THEY WERE AND i WAS TOLD THEY I SHOULD BE RECEIVING THEM SO I LOVE THIS SITE!!
[I have tried 4 of the penny auction sites. By far the easiest to win items for me
I have regulared only on two of these sites]
[I have spent, I guess, about $3000 - $5000 on this site.]
1. They are legitimate [For a penny auction, even that has to be mentioned as one of the pros i guess :)]
2. I have received all the items in good shape
3. I have won so many items at different levels and I do not think they have any bots of their own. Or, at least I couldn't find any.
4. Customer care is good though it is very slow. Once, I contacted their CEO [yeah, CEO] about not getting responses from the customer care.
I was totally impresed when he followed it up to my satisfaction.
In different occasions of interaaction with customer care, they were always nice.
It's just that they are understaffed.
Once I missed out on paying for a won auction on time [anyway, this was caused by their on technical glitches]. They went ahead and let me buy the item when I explained them the situation.
1. Always late [At least 80% consistency]. Now even more so. I am waiting for stuff I have paid for on Oct.
2. HEAVILY OVERPRICED. Though they say.. "Wow.. you can buy retail if you don't win", there is a twist to the story. Their retail is always way to expensive than the actual retail. Nowadays, I see them pricing at around 35% above the normally available retail price.
The only items I have seen at the actual price are apple products and gift cards.
[But, they charge 10% fee for apple products]
Now, they have banned me from gift cards. Why? They don't get their 40% margin on them.
so, that's cheating and this was not in the terms and conditions when i bought more than $1000 in bids a few months back.
Now, I have 2000+ bids in my account [which I bought solely to bid on giftcards] and now I see that they WON't REFUND BIDs unless you have bought them for 60 cents per bid. The point here is that they set the price at 60 cents and always sell at offer rates of 15 to 20 cents. so, if we don't buy the bids at those low rates, we cant compete with others [since they will be able to shell out more bids for the same item]. Their own way to deny return of bids. I think this will hold till the the first class action.
3. There is a mechanism to get free bids for each second you are the top bidder. This is another lie. Those who have used the site for long know this. After you are above the 8th or 9th level [That's when they think you will start following this free part], they increment the second counter [Im not talking about the auction timer] very slowly in around 2-3 seconds. Funny that its so obvious.
Also, if you are the leader of two auctions at the same time, you get credit only one [for free bid counter]. However I will not hold this against them becuase technically they can argue this is what they meant in their statement 'you will be rewarded for the time you are leader
I have been reading not so good reports about this site, scam and so forth... I have to say that I have been on this site since aug 2012.. I have bought at least 75 items, and have received every one of them in a very timely manner... This has to be by far the very best penny auction site on the web... I have recommended this site to a number of friends and family, and we are all enjoying our new purchases and will continue to do so...
I am new to Deal Dash but have found it to be very entertaining. I still have not 'won' anything but have every confidence I wlll...If anyone has any pointers I am open to hearing about them...Thank you!
Member since 03/2011 and love it.....the buy it now option is great...I just bid on tings I would buy anyway and take into account the cost..then apply the number of bids to cover the cost..then if i dont win I buy it and get those bids back...LOSE nothing...
This site is not scamming its doing legil business, and I have had no issues with them, paypal is used to money transfers and under pay pal rules if your not satisfied they will refund you... the only negative comment I could make is the time to get a reply from customer service,
I love Deal Dash. It is a fun way to pass time. I have won more than I have put in. I am not a crazy bidder. I am patient and it pays off for me. I can see how people can loose money on this site but slow and steady wins the prize.
Excellent Site. have enjoyed bidding on many of the auctions and received very prompt delivery of items purchased. Bid's are a bit pricey. and bidding can get annoying. from time to time. but over all a great site.
About this site
Bid on auctions and save. All auctions start at $0 with no minimum reserve. Everything must go! DealDash is the fair and honest bidding site.