Welcome to WOT Wiki!
We are glad you are here! The WOT Wiki is a cooperative project to record information of use to the WOT community.
- Please read our tasks and guidelines for contributions.
- Getting Started with WOT
- History behind WOT: the when, why, and how...
Frequently Asked Questions
- I need help because I am new to WOT.
- What is a scorecard, what do the different colors and the various sections mean? See also the full list of rating symbols.
- Comment restrictions enabled to reduce forum and scorecard spam.
- How does the activity score work?
- What is rating reliability and how does it affect WOT's trust in me?
- Rating subdomains
- The official FAQ didn't have answers to your questions? Find more answers in the user-contributed Wiki FAQ!
- Why is my site rated red?
- The WOT rings are useful. I can see if a site is rated badly or excellent for external links. Can I add it to my website too?
- Please take a look at the WOT widget that is available to all!
- Trusted Sources are automated ratings with scorecard references.
- WOT user awards rewarded in 2008-10.
- Use the add-on rating window for rating websites
- Adjust your Add-on Settings
- Delete your forum account
- Remove the browser add-on
- Sync multiple browsers and/or computers to a single WOT account
- Export your ratings and comments
- Forum participation
- Post / reply on the main Forum:
- Use reputations in your application through the API.
- Download the source code for the WOT add-on. Read the version history for our Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera add-ons.
- Read more about the ongoing experiment for rating shared hosts.
- Have ideas for future improvements? Share them with the rest of us!
Customizing the add-on
- Learn to create new search rules for the Firefox add-on or find a user-contributed search rule not included with the add-on.
The mass rating tool
- The mass rating tool, available to Platinum members.
URL shortening services which WOT supports
As of April 8, 2011, WOT supports these URL shortening services
- Use the scorecard search plug-in or get a scorecard accelerator (for IE 8 and newer)
- Other helpful online tools
- many were taken from this forum discussion: Supportive tools
- if you have new ones, please announce them in the discussion and submit them in the wiki article.
- Business / Corporation certification
- Microsoft Partners Directory
- Intellectual Property Rights
Forum discussion catalog
The preferred language for the forum is English as with articles contributed to this wiki. However, some users have translated official topics into their native language which may be found in this section.
note: translations are not checked for accuracy.
- Forum Guidelines
- Posting Guidelines
- WOT Forum
- FAQ (Russian)
- How to remove the add-on and synchronization (Russian)
Understanding Internet threats
- Beware of adware, ads, backdoors, blended threats, botnets, browser exploits, fraud, identity theft, keyloggers, malware, phishing, pop-ups, ransomware, riskware, rootkits, spam and junk mail, spyware, trojan horses, viruses, worms, clickjacking, framekillers, macros, and DoS Attacks. Can you think of other threats?
- Learn about what other precautions you can take to enjoy safe surfing on the web!
- Malware submission
How to improve your site's reputation
- Before requesting for your site to be reviewed in the forum, you should have a look at how to ask for ratings.
- Know common threats that you can find at The WASC Threat Classification which can attack your website and learn how to fix these possible exploits.
- The WASC Threat Classification is a cooperative effort to clarify and organize the threats to the security of a web site. The members of the Web Application Security Consortium have created this project to develop and promote industry standard terminology for describing these issues. Application developers, security professionals, software vendors, and compliance auditors will have the ability to access a consistent language and definitions for web security related issues.
- Read more tips at WOT Trust Seal's Trust tips.